Privacy Notice & Policies
This Privacy Notice outlines the types of personal information that FluentWorlds (hereinafter “FluentWorlds” or “App Developer”) may receive or collect when you use FluentWorlds’ application(s) or services, or otherwise interact with the application(s) or affiliated applications, or FluentWorlds’ advertisements. It also outlines some of the methods FluentWorlds uses to safeguard your personal information. By using FluentWorlds’ application(s), you are agreeing to and accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice & Policies.
1. Types of Information Gathered by FluentWorlds and its Uses
A. Information You Give Us: FluentWorlds receives and stores information you enter on its application(s), or give to it in any other way. Such information comes, in part, from posting a comment or sending an electronic message through FluentWorlds application(s) or website(s). FluentWorlds also gathers information you give us as part of your interaction with affiliated application(s). You understand and agree that the FluentWorlds may collect and use such data, and related information. This information includes, but is not limited to your name, email, phone number, financial information (such as credit card information), location information, technical information about your device, system, and application software, etc. You may elect to not provide certain information; however, this may impair your ability to take full advantage of certain features associated with the FluentWorlds application(s). FluentWorlds uses such information for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to updating and upgrading application software and related systems. This information is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates and upgrades, product support, and other services related to the Licensed Application. FluentWorlds may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you. FluentWorlds also uses the information as needed to respond to your requests and communicate with you.
B. Automatic Information: FluentWorlds’ application(s) receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with it. For example, FluentWorlds may use your location. It may also obtain certain types of information when you access FluentWorlds’ website(s), advertisements, or other content provided by or on behalf of FluentWorlds on other applications or websites. These types of information may include the following: IP addresses; login; e-mail addresses; passwords; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform. FluentWorlds uses this information to provide an optimal application experience.
2. Mobile. Downloading or using FluentWorlds’ application(s), or the application(s) of its affiliates, may reveal information about your location and your device, including a unique identifier for your device. FluentWorlds may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Many devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information on turning off location services for your specific device, consult your operator’s manual or contact its manufacturer. By providing your mobile phone number to FluentWorlds, you consent and agree to receive communications from FluentWorlds on your mobile phone and/or other mobile device(s).
3. E-mail Communications. To help make its systems more useful, FluentWorlds may receive a confirmation whenever you open e-mail from it (provided your device supports such capabilities). If you wish to not receive e-mail(s) from FluentWorlds, you may need to adjust your communications preferences.
4. Caching and Tracking. FluentWorlds uses technologies and systems to recognize your device and to provide you an optimum application experience. Some of these technologies allow for caching and tracking. Below are some common such technologies.
A. Device-Generated Identifier: A device identifier (ID) is set and/or made available by the operating system. Examples include: Apple’s Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA), Google’s Android_ID, Universal Device ID (UDID), and MAC Address. Users may or may not be able to control or change a device-generated identifier.
B. Statistical Identifier: A server-side algorithm for identifying a device or user based on the values of a combination of standard attributes passed by the device. Typical device attributes include: device type, operating system, user-agent, fonts, and IP address. Those attributes change over time due to device changes or updates.
C. HTML5 Cookie Tracking: Involves storing a cookie-like file in HTML5 local storage on the device. These are similar to traditional cookies, but can only be set or retrieved when the browser is open and running.
D. Universal Login Tracking: Requires consumers to log into different experiences using a pre-existing login rather than create a unique one for that experience. This type of tracking is limited to specific vendors, but enables companies with this type of universal login to gather data across applications and devices.
5. Sharing of Information. Generally, FluentWorlds does not share information it gathers with third parties. Nevertheless, FluentWorlds may, from time to time, share the information in the manner described below:
A. Business Transfers: FluentWorlds may, from time to time, buy or sell related businesses or subsidiaries. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, but remains subject to the promises made in any pre- existing privacy notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the event that FluentWorlds, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
B. Protection of FluentWorlds and Others: FluentWorlds may release account and other personal information when it believes the release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply its conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of FluentWorlds, its users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice & Policies.
C. With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
6. Data Security. FluentWorlds value your trust and takes it seriously. In order to prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data privacy, and to ensure the appropriate use of your information, FluentWorlds uses industry standards and safeguards, including technical and administrative procedures, to maintain any personal information it collects. For example, FluentWorlds protects the security of your information during transactions and transmissions by using encryption software provided by its merchant account provider.
FluentWorlds also only reveals the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming your payment. FluentWorlds does, however, transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company for processing of payments.
To protect against unauthorized access to your password and other potentially personal information, be sure to always sign off when leaving or finishing with the FluentWorlds’ website(s), or completely close the applications.
7. Links to Other Applications or Websites. FluentWorlds application(s) may include links to other applications and websites. These links are provided solely for your convenience. Unless otherwise stated, FluentWorlds does not endorse or recommend any such third party applications or websites, and your use of such applications/sites is at your own risk. FluentWorlds does not have access to or control over features that advertisers and third party sites may use, and the information practices of these advertisers and third party applications and websites are not covered by this Privacy Notice & Policies. Please contact them directly for more information about their privacy.
8. Access to and Accuracy of your Information. FluentWorlds strives to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. To further this objective, FluentWorlds utilizes various technology, management processes, and policies. As part of its overall data accuracy initiative, FluentWorlds provides you with reasonable access to your personal information so you may review and correct your information if needed. To safeguard your privacy and security, FluentWorlds will verify your identity through various means, such as by requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your data. FluentWorlds request that you update your information when it changes, in a timely manner, so any information we have remains as accurate as possible.
9. Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions. If you choose to use FluentWorlds’ application(s), your use of the application(s), and any dispute over privacy, are subject to this Privacy Notice and FluentWorlds’ End User License Agreement (“EULA”), including limitations on damages, and the applicable law. As FluentWorlds changes and grows, its Privacy Notice & Policies may change from time to time as well as its EULA. FluentWorlds may periodically e-mail reminders of changes to its notices and conditions, but you should check the FluentWorlds’ website frequently to see the most recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, FluentWorlds’ current Privacy Notice & Policies apply to all information that it has about you and your account.